Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

House guest

In and around Miami there are dozens of places are dedicated for people to come to so they can see all kinds of wildlife. I’m thinking about opening my own park in my backyard. Oh, I’m sure there’s the usual fare for most South Florida homes near water: ducks, egrets, mosquitoes. But yesterday, wandering around in my backyard was some iguana-like creature. Based on the pictures I've looked up online so far, I'm fairly sure it was an iguana. He was pretty docile, just walking around snacking on grass mostly, and he let me walk around him to take pictures. But when I got a little too close once he took off running toward the water and dove in and swam off somewhere. Today, another iguana-like creature was back. I'm pretty sure it was a different one because he was a different color and his markings were different.



Anyway, short post today, but it's better than what I normally do--not updating for weeks at a time.

2 Comments:

  • That creature is pretty scary looking--too bad it won't eat your mosquitoes.

    By Blogger Lori, at 1:53 PM, June 22, 2005  

  • I just wanted to leave a little proof that I do check your blog on a very regular basis, so there will be no more questioning of this in the future. :)

    By Blogger Liz, at 9:50 AM, June 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home