Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Interstellar introspection

First, they decide Pluto is not a planet, now this:

Software Changes Armstrong's Moon Quote

Now, granted, I'm a word person. So the fact that fact that Neil Armstrong's grammar makes the news makes me happy. But I've also been a bit of a space enthusiast since a very young age. I can remember using several research opportunities in school to do something about space or the space program. So to find out now that the quote that every school child learns could have been wrong for 37 years is a little disappointing.

I'd say this is two pretty major space-related revelations in a month. Like so many other things, maybe these also tend to come in threes, so I'm holding my breath to see what we find out next. Maybe Yuri Gagarin wasn't the first man in space. Maybe the moon really is made of cheese. I'm holding on to hope for a different moon revelation though, when we'll find out that the man in the moon -- the faint outline of a person's face seen on the moon from Earth -- is not a phenomenon created by the hills and valleys of the surface of the moon, but is in fact an actual man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home