Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Friday, July 20, 2007

Midnight magic

My Mac is back, and it's charged as well as ever. After almost a week of relying on the Wii for all my Internet needs, it feels good to type something more than a few sentences long in less than a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, the new power adapter came just in time for me to begin my self-imposed media lockdown. Why a self-imposed media lockdown? To avoid seeing some giant spoiler plastered across the Internet or television about the final Harry Potter book. Then ending of Book 5 was spoiled for my by a 10-year-old the summer I worked ACU Camps, and I won't have that happening to me for the last book.

The book will be released in fewer than six hours now and my festivities have already begun. The day began with an hour-long wait at Barnes and Noble at 9 a.m. to get a ticket, thus reserving my place in line for later this evening. I've passed the time this afternoon by playing most of all the Potter movies in the background of whatever I've been doing around the apartment. I'll round out my day with another viewing of HP5 in the theatre before making my way to Barnes and Noble again, this time to retrieve the book. Some of you might this would put the average person on Potter overload, but I don't think that's really possible for me -- not with all the anticipation for this final book.

It's time to leave now, but I just wanted to write now, since I know I won't again until I have finished the final tome. I anticipate a Sunday afternoon finish before I have to go back in to work. Until then, it's time to begin my media lockdown. Books have just been released in England, so spoilers could pop up any moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home