Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Stop harassing phone calls from creditors

I had my phone number changed recently to a local number. As the old number went away, I thought about who would get that number some day. I wondered if they would ever get calls from companies or salespeople asking for me. I didn't even cross my mind to wonder who's number I was getting now. At least until the calls started coming in. Just hours after changing my number, when only about 4 people knew the new one, I received a recorded message from what sounded like a law firm asking me to call this number for information. I, of course, did not. I've since received the same call almost every day but have yet to answer again. This morning, I received a recorded message from Hollywood Video alerting me that I had outstanding items on my account. Nevermind that I don't have an account with Hollywood Video. But apparently, the former owner of this phone number did.

Side note to all recorded messages: You're making this very difficult on me. If I had received a call from a live person from either of these numbers, I could have easily explained that the person they were trying to reach no longer uses this phone number and to remove it from their list. As it stands now, I would have to call them back, waste my cell phone minutes, to correct someone else's mistake. I won't do it.

I have to wonder just whose number I inherited. Why do I receive phone calls from what sounds like a law firm? What movie did they check out and not return? Why did they change phone numbers? Probably to dodge annoying phone calls, only to leave them to me. Thanks a lot, random person. Thanks a lot.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, you have some serious problems with technology this month. Maybe you should consider a future with the Amish? By the way-- UP mowers are at it again.

    By Blogger Becca Vennie, at 10:04 AM, October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home