Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Friday, May 11, 2007

Bust a move

For years, the arrival of summer has always meant the arrival of something new in my life. While in college, it meant three new jobs in three different places: one in Abilene as a camp counselor, one in Washington, D.C., as a reporting intern, and one in Miami as a copy editing intern. Summers in high school meant a new city to visit in Mexico, a different mountain to climb in Colorado, a different group of people to get to know at camp. Then there were family vacations to some new state and some different landmark. Even last summer brought on a job search which finally culminated in the job I find myself now. Which brings me to this summer.

No more weeks and weeks of time to which I can decide to do as I please. No job search to keep me guessing where I'm going to end up. No big trips planned south of the border or to the top of mountain. I've just recently taken a vacation and don't yet have a reason to take another one. I think for the first time since I was old enough to have summer plans, I've got nothing new happening this summer -- hardly any plans at all to speak of. And that might make this summer the most different summer of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home