Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Friday, May 04, 2007

The only difference between me and a homeless man is this job

I've been folding paper airplanes for the better part of an hour and a half. They're littered around me, across the room from me and even in the room beyond. I haven't known what else to do, so I've sat here folding planes. Some have been for flying. Some for decoration. Some glided as far as my apartment allowed and others failed miserably. And those that have failed miserably only bring to mind one thing: my Dallas Mavericks. You see, they were eliminated from the playoffs earlier tonight. The No. 1 seed, a 67-win team with the sixth-best regular season ever, out against a team that had to win on the last day of the season to even make the playoffs. This is hard when you consider the amount of time invested for those fans who have watched or listened to games, or the amount of productivity lost because a TV at the office had the game on in the background. I didn't know what else to do, so I've been folding airplanes. There's something very therapeutic about the repetitive folding and creasing. I've mellowed out now. And of course, I have to offer a special thank to my well-traveled Pacific Northwestern friend who talked me off the edge in this, my hour of great need.

But the week is over (I think/hope). I made it through training at work and have a couple days off before what I'm sure will be the craziest day at work in a long time. That would be the day the entire office switches to the new computer system. But I don't have to think about that now, so I won't. Right now, it's all weekend, all the time -- for two days. I will take suggestions from my more creative readers about what I should do on this fine weekend. Looks like the weather should be good. All options are on the table. And who knows: I just might select your suggestion and would be indebted to you for at least two days. So, let's hear 'em.

3 Comments:

  • This innocent bystander believes you should go to the Alamo.

    By Blogger Becca Vennie, at 10:40 AM, May 04, 2007  

  • I think you should go wild and put a condiment on your sandwich... and a piece of lettuce.

    By Blogger Liz, at 10:36 PM, May 04, 2007  

  • It's funny you should mention the condiment thing, because some my coworkers found out my dedication to this quirk , as I made sure to remove a piece of lettuce and a little mayonnaise from each of my sandwich wraps the company supplied one day during training.

    This would also require somewhat of a financial commitment on my part as I stock no condiments or lettuce in my apartment. But we'll see. Maybe I'll just go for it next time a fast food restaurant makes a mistake on my burger order. I did have some buffalo sauce on my KFC Snackers this evening. That's gotta count for something.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 3:07 AM, May 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home