Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Friday, May 18, 2007

I have something that no one else has: My brain

I come to you today at a different time than normal. The 2 a.m. posts had to be put on hold for a few days this weekend. It just wouldn't have meshed well with tomorrow's 4:15 a.m. wake-up time. That's right, the day of the race is upon us. And because I was off work the day before and the day of the race (and also probably because I'm the youngest) I get to run the first leg of the marathon. So I have to be at the shuttle stop to catch a ride to the starting line by 5 a.m. That actually might be the hardest part of this whole ordeal. So I'm shooting to go to bed earlier than I have in years -- no later than 10 p.m. We'll see how that goes. One of the relay veterans at work swears the first leg is the best because it's not hot yet and you get it out of the way instead of waiting at one of the exchange points for a while as other runners pass by. But it's also the one and only leg that's run on the beach, so we'll see how the sand treats me.

I've cleared most of my afternoon tomorrow in case I just feel like lying around the rest of the day. I'll get back to you all when it's all over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home