Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Super Saturday

For today's post, I'd just like to congratulate my senior friends who are graduating today. After fourish years at ACU, you've earned the right today to count how many times someone tells you that you will change the world.

Today, we've got every journalists dream day: an election. That means everyone is getting called in to work, even if we're normally off on Saturdays. But I won't be working news-side on this election; I'll be helping out with sports. This might be the best possible situation on election night. I get to be around all the excitement of the evening, but I get to avoid some of the headaches of the election news that can't come together until late in the evening. Although, I won't avoid all of this working over in sports, seeing as those events regularly finish late in the evening.

But regardless of the stress or the amount of work or of getting called in on my weekend, there's not many better places to be during an election than a newsroom. Maybe the sounds of that pressure and stress don't sound like your idea of fun night. But it certainly makes for a memorable night. I think my former Optimist cohorts will at least agree with that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home